Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: ideal manga plot ideas

  1. #21
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> ****oh just a lil edit here..got a quick question and i don't feel like starting a ne thread..I think we prolly all go to obsession if not then GO its http://ob-session.cjb.net (i think, they just changed their address but that should redirect to the new one)....with that said, my link isn't working! Is it cuz they are down again or my comp isnt registering the new address ?? </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Errmm..I'm not sure if you managed to get to the newer, brighter *oh god my eyes!* red version..but if you can't, here's how.

    Older version: http://ob-session.cjb.net (with Inu mo Arukeba layout...Kuro with gun)

    Newer version: http://www.ob-session.net (with a picture replacing Kuro from somewhere that looks suspiciously like Love Junkies.)

  2. #22
    Inactive Member nixterblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oro? that sounds interesting. O.O

    feminine guys rock. XD XD i've always been a sucker for guys with longer-than-average hair and personalities i find really cute... guys like Ryouko from Alichino and Tsuzuki from Yami!!! ^_______^

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Admitedly, I don't mind girly/feminine guys. Either in looks or the way they act. But generally, it can't be a super serious story, or the character has to be just weird. Like Shuichi from Gravitation. He's just.... weird.

    -Reikou

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Admitedly, I don't mind girly/feminine guys </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Heheh and I thought I was the only one ^^ Hmm..but ya it depends on what kind. I mean like Shuichi from Gravitation I can't stand him!!! Well I don't like Gravitation period! I use too but since my friend just OVER did it I hate it now...no offense to people who like it.....I also like a lot a different varietys I guess it just depends if I like the Manga or not ^^

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Majinkarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool topic idea! I'd have to say though, if it were up to me to /write/ a manga, I'd probably create something pretty much the opposite of what I like to read. Instead of dark, angsty supernatural stuff, it would contain more down-to-earth, plausible situations based on things I have observed in real life. You know, the kinds of characters you'd read about, stop, and say, "Wait a minute! I know someone exactly like that!" It would have complex characterization, but remain pretty humorous. Rather than take itself seriously and be melodramatic, it would have a quirky, twisted sense of humor like I tend to have.

    Tops and bottoms...Well let's see. I find something endearing about a weak, pathetic uke (I know someone very much like that IRL), so one of those definitely needs to be in there somewhere. He can be feisty, but he needs to know his place [img]wink.gif[/img] . He would get a "super-seme" who cares about him very much, but enjoys playing "games" with him. Not that the uke minds. He's quite the exhibitionist. Also, it would be great to have a reversible couple in there, a more equal partnership where the power dynamic could go either way. Oh, and I dislike when male characters look like 12-year-old girls (sorry, Hisoka). They can be pretty, but should be at least recognizably male.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member theburgergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is not entirely related to the thread but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

    I've had the pleasure of watching a short TV series called "Queer as Folk". Its a british production and is absoloutely FANTASTIC!! Its as Yaoi as you can get! But in Live Action with really tasty men. The plot line and characters were just what i liked - A slutty, devilishly good looking seme, who is always on the prowl. A young (15yr old - but doesnt look it) discovering his sexuality and pining for slutty, devilishly good looking seme but always gets toyed with. Then theres the love triangle with the slutty, devilishly good looking seme's best (male) friend who doesnt get the attention he needs.

    Steamy club scenes, some great sex scenes (quite explicit-theres even a threesome!!)

    One more thing, its also got some of the funniest one-liners i've ever heard.

    Maybe someone can turn "Queer as Folk" into a manga?

  7. #27
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ARGH! Why do we live in different countries?! I WANNA SEE IT!! *jumps around hyperactively*

  8. #28
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey! Someone else here watches Queer as Folk! I watch the American version though...but a lot of the story is the same and the American characters are based right off the British ones. (I'm absolutely in love with the guy who was based off British version's Stuart...oh, I also really love the character who plays the most feminine one of the gang. He's just so adorable!)

    I love this series so much because it's the funniest thing ever (definitely got those one-liners!) and you just don't see many TV shows centered entirely around gays and lesbians that are airing on such a popular channel. (It's on U.S.' "Showtime" channel, which I believe is watched by a lot of different people) I think the sex scenes can get a little boring though, once you've seen them enough, and sometimes it seems like they're being overly explicit just for the controversy (3 seasons with a sex scene each episode *yawn*).

    I also like how the stories seem so "real". The kid has to deal with his angry parents when they find out he's gay, and the men actually act like men, not like they came out of some yaoi story where everyone is nice, sentimental, and relationships just work out so perfectly.

    Erk...okay, enough rambling. I just haven't been able to talk to anyone about one of my favorite shows, since all my friends are a bit squeemish and Sakura's never seen it. >o<

  9. #29
    Inactive Member theburgergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fear not ember_fang! I've jsut done some digging,you can buy Queer as Folk, US and UK version, seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon! Yay!

    I didnt realise there was an an Americanised version O.o
    Anyway... me being reluctant to spend money on anything (bit of a download junkie me), I did a search on it on Sharereactor and BINGO! there it was, first season US! cant wait till it finishes downloading. ^o^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •